The Town of Mount Washington is seeking applicants for a part-time position as Transfer Station Attendant/Solid Waste Manager. The position averages 16 hours per week; applicants must be available to work Wednesdays from 7:00am-12:00pm, Saturdays from 11:00am-5:00pm, and Sundays from 12:00pm-5:00pm. (Flexibility possible)
Pay ranges from $19.00 – $24.00 an hour depending on experience.
Positive interaction with the public is required. The work can be physical, requiring lifting and is subject to exposure to all variations of weather.
For further information and/or to apply, please send an email to all three select board members:
Eric Mendelsohn – email@example.com
Brian Tobin – firstname.lastname@example.org
Keith Torrico – email@example.com
This is manual work involving the operation of equipment to process refuse and debris at the Town Transfer Station; coordinating the disposal and transfer of refuse and debris; overseeing the recycling operation; and dealing with the public, and involves the following duties:
- Opens and closes transfer station gates according to schedule.
- Directs incoming vehicles to proper dumping areas.
- Checks that trash and recycling is coming from a home that has paid the proper fees.
- Performs routine maintenance of equipment used at site.
- Supervises separation of trash and recyclables by users of the site.
- Keeps transfer station clean, picks up debris, keeps the transfer station shed clean.
- Explains Transfer Station procedures to the general public; monitors cargo to prohibit disposal of prohibited materials.
- Ensures safety procedures are followed; uses appropriate safety equipment during Transfer Station operations.
- Performs related work as may be required.
- Ability to maintain Transfer Station in accordance with rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of the operation and maintenance of mechanical equipment together with the ability to make minor repairs and adjustments and to do necessary servicing work.
- Knowledge of hazards and applicable safety rules and regulations in equipment operation.
- Ability to operate equipment skillfully and safely.
- Ability to detect the need for mechanical servicing of equipment.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral instructions and to work independently in the performance of routine duties.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and other Town employees.
- An understanding and the ability to follow the Town of Mount Washington’s Personnel Policy and Code of Conduct
- Schedule for and be present at the annual Transfer Station inspection as required by the State.
- Schedule bi-annual “Bulky Waste” event during regular Transfer Station hours – arrange for ordering and removal of dumpster(s), inform the public, be present to make sure only allowable materials are dumped.